The online based proctoring services help the organization to conduct online based proctored exams. Even all the people from remotest areas can also participate in them securely and conveniently. These kinds of examinations help to enhance the experience of both candidates as well as the organizations. They help in providing proper academic based integrity and provide options for the far-off residing learners to learn various things with the help of an online proctored exam.
With the help of increasing popularity and acceptance of this, the world is realizing the importance of proctoring services in the field of education. Some of the key factors which must be considered while opting for the right kind of proctoring services have been mentioned as follows:
1. One must have an idea about all the things involved in the process: These systems are highly successful to avoid cheating in various exams like school exams and competition-based exams. In the case of professional exams like GMAT and GRE, things like cheating is not acceptable and they use the most complex and sophisticated form of proctoring which involves both video as well as audio. But in case of all the tests that occur in the schools and other colleges, they do not involve that much serious proctoring but still, they involve web browsing and automatic proctoring so that integrity and seriousness during the exams is highly maintained.
2. The location of the exam: Another thing which must be considered is the location of the exam. In case the exam is to be taken at a remote place, then the proctoring-based solutions are to be installed so that cheating is not there. In cases of professional based exams like GMAT, the candidates are checked very thoroughly and even their ID’s are authenticated using the biometrics. All the electronic based devices are asked to keep on one side. The computer used in and for the test is not allowed with outside interference. These involve opting for various kinds of anti-cheating-based measures. But in case of remote locations, serious systems like the 360-degree based proctoring and the video Conferencing combined with audio conferencing are used. Various kinds of automatic based proctoring solutions are also implemented so that cheating is easily and well prevented.
3. The types of exam: Both kinds’ open and close book exams are conducted and sometimes the students are required to have access to various sources like books and websites. Sometimes, students have to use the calculators or other devices and the proctoring and online based services must enable such uses and side-by-side prevent cheating. The browsers must be highly secure so that there is no issue regarding the data entered. Using these kinds of browsers, students can also access some of the resources which is another source of preventing cheating. As soon as, one accesses the unauthorized sources they will be blocked from accessing that.
4. The budget and costs related constraints: The organizations also undertake study of budget constraint so that a correct and accurate proctoring solution can be chosen which matches best with the requirements of the organization. A lot of organizations go with low-cost based solutions, but one must make sure that there must be no compromise with the quality. A large number of companies provide proctoring with the help of authentication of IDs and secure and safe browsers so that highly affordable options are used in conducting such exams. Many companies also go with the option of expensive solutions because they think that high price leads to high quality but in the actual world it is not so. High prices never mean that they are more reliable so one must undertake proper consideration of all the factors.
5. The time constraint: This will depend upon the time gap of the result and exam days. In case there is a long-time interval, then people can also use the recording based proctoring services. These are referred to as the cost-effective options and help to decide whether the test will be accepted or rejected accordingly. If any of the candidates is caught cheating, then the organizations will cancel the whole test. This comprehensive solution is very much time consuming and if candidates are very large in number then this is not that much feasible. But in case if there is a short time-based interval involved between the exam day and result day then automatic based proctoring systems are used in such cases as they are highly feasible.
6. Organizations must also consider the economies of scale related things: The large number of organizations must consider the number of people who have to appear for a particular exam before going with the best proctoring-based services. If the candidate base is large, then it is very much expensive and time-consuming to go for a live proctor service. The auto-based proctoring will work best in all these cases in comparison to the traditional systems of proctoring. If, the candidates are small in number then live forms will also help to solve the purpose. Depending upon the budget constraint and time related factors, the organizations have to make various decisions whether to implement the AI-based systems which are highly sensitive to the cheating or depending upon cost and efficiency whether the other decisions are also to be made or not.
Still many people try to cheat during exams but with the help of advanced technology and live based proctoring related services, it has become very much impossible to involve in all such malpractices. Because of advancement in technology, the cheaters can be very easily found now, and the virtual based exams can now be conducted with a high-level of ease and flexibility.
Several companies provide a combination of various types of available proctoring. Authenticity, as well as accuracy, is another constraint which is to be taken into consideration at the time of implementing the best proctoring services from the organization’s point of view.