In addition to taking the right vitamins for you, HiLife Vitamins recommends taking care of your daily health! Adopt these simple habits and, along with the recommended daily dose of vitamins and supplements from our fresh supply, you will be on your way to health and happiness.
1. Eliminate Sugary Foods (even “healthy” ones!)
- Avoid the spike of energy from a sugary dessert or drink and opt for a healthy, organic treat like apple slices or celery sticks. Pure fruit juices, while “healthy”, contain high levels of sugar, and eating a piece of fruit is a better idea.
- Sugar is labeled as “empty calories” because of the lack of any nutritional value. When you are at the coffee shop, have a clear tea or coffee with milk or non-dairy creamer rather than drinking hundreds of calories in one flavored coffee drink.
- Fortify your health by including smoothies as a snack or have a slice of toast with avocado rather than relying on candy or energy bars to get you through your mid-morning slump.
2. Prioritize Sleep: Go to bed earlier and at a regular time
- Sleep is a great elixir. Getting seven or more hours of sleep is crucial for good health and productivity.
- Why not start your night time routine earlier, and go to sleep earlier as well? Turn off all screens at least an hour before bedtime, use low watt lighting or even, better, candle light!
- Try Taking a bath before bed, then put on your most comfortable pajamas and give yourself some “me” time to unwind.
- Rather than wanting to hit the snooze button when your alarm rings at the crack of dawn, you will have had a restful, rejuvenating night’s sleep and be ready to take on the day.
3. Increase Water Intake
- While it seems like a no brainer, many people often forget to drink enough water. Carrying a recyclable water bottle that you refill constantly is a must, and even setting a phone alarm can remind you to stay hydrated.
- If you are intimidated by the amount of water in a large bottle, you can pour your water into an attractive small drinking glass. You’ll be surprised how much water you drink after you refill it all day.
- Common ailments like digestive trouble, headaches and hot flashes can all be assuaged by drinking enough water.
- When you exercise, remember to increase how much water you drink during and after your workout.
4. Schedule Routine Physicals
- You might not look forward to your yearly check-up, but preventative maintenance is key for staying on top of your health.
- Better to stay on track with what might seem like mundane physicals than postpone them only to discover you have developed an illness that could have been caught early or prevented altogether.
- Finding problems early is the best way to avoid serious illness and checking in with your doctor gives you the opportunity to be proactive about your health.
- Ask questions and get recommended tests. When you keep track of your health regularly, you and your doctor can see trends and areas that should be addressed. And don’t forget regular eye and hearing tests!